Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Grandpa's Eyes



As a new parent one thing I have figured out is that everyone has an opinion on "who your baby looks like". It's decided that Jack has Marks face shape, my chin, my coloring (sorry Jack) and my eyes. Well that's all well and good, and I'm sure he will change a million and one times before he settles in to his own grown up face.

In my opinion most of his features are questionable as to their origin but I have no doubt that his eyes were given to him straight from his Grandfather. When Jackson smiles, it is all Gary Lynn Merrill to me. I knew I had this kid for a reason! Jack thank you for being such a handsome devil. You will never know what the priceless gift you have given me, I hope to keep you laughing for a lifetime. And Dad, I miss you everyday, thank you for being my father.

5 comments:

Christin said...

Hi Mindy!!!
Oh he is soooo perfect :-) His skin is perfect just like his moms. Its crazy to see this beautiful little baby when the last time I saw you was at Tiares wedding and it was a pregnant girls party in that place!

Julia said...

Mind,

Nas told me about your blog and I finally found it! I had to comment today because of the mention of your dad. I just want you to know what a special person he was to me! I will always remember his amazing personality and how welcoming he was.

The babe is precious!

Julia

The Wattersons said...

Mindy,Mindy,
I am so glad to find you. I have been thinking about you for so long. Baby Jack is so so cute, you've gotta bring him over to wrestle with the boys. They will be careful I promise. I can't wait to see you in October. Your blogs darling. I need to learn more about the whole blog thing. Have fun....

Stacie Trevino said...

Mind,
Jack does look just like your dad. That picture of you and him is so sweet... I'm balling like a big baby.

Nanaz said...

Mind,

Your dad was a handsome guy! I love that picture of you and him. Jackson scored with the male genes on both sides, Mark and Gary are dashing and more importantly have hearts of gold....

love,
nas